Over time we added various improvements and features. However, the extension is now approaching a major overhaul: We now took all our experience, added state-of-the-art TYPO3 technology plus fresh ideas to the mix, and came up with something really cool. Feel free to call it the „best Secure Downloads ever“ :)
Here is a Sneak Peak to some of the highlights (more to come):
- Optional FAL support (but non-FAL, too)
- Optional „Apache Delivery“ mode (to avoid PHP issues with large files)
- HTML Caching support
- And of course, robust security
Now what is the schedule for this?
- New version of the current extension named „naw_securedl“, some features, but major portions of the code rewritten or cleaned up
- Release of the new „Secure Downloads“ extension, under a different name (old version wil remain available and supported)
- Additional features for the new „Secure Downloads“ extension
— BETA TESTERS WANTED! —
Do you wish to have early access to the new versions, and to contribute your feedback and ideas? Please contact us at email@example.com !
We wish to thank everyone who supported this extension over the years, in whatever way.
And of course: Sponsors remain welcome.